Derbyshire Education Business Partnership are currently looking for volunteers from the world of work to become Business Mentors. The programme involves working one to one with a young person in Year 11 and getting them thinking about their future aspirations and career goals.
Schools involved include:
• Anthony Gell School, Matlock
• Arnold Hill Academy, Nottingham
• The Brunts Academy, Mansfield
• East Leake Academy, Loughborough
• The Farnborough Academy, Nottingham
• New Mills School, High Peak
• Rushcliffe School, Nottingham
Young people are selected as those that would potentially benefit the most and each one is matched based on their career interest to a mentor working in industry. They meet for an hour every two weeks in term time on school premises. Together they look at the student achievements and aspirations and identify what action they need to undertake to maximise these.
An information session will be followed by mentor training from 5.30pm to 8pm on:
• Monday 16 October and Monday 6 November at East Midlands Chamber, Commerce House, Millennium Way, Chesterfield, S41 8ND
• Wednesday 18 October, Wednesday 8 November and Wednesday 22 November at East Midlands Chamber, 8 Experian Way, Nottingham, NG2 1EP
For further information register your interest.