All of our programmes involve working with local employers. Employer engagement adds value to our work and the lives of young people. It helps to ensure young people are developing the skills employers value and look for – it is at the heart of what we do.
You could support by:
- offering tours of your workplace for students, teachers and/or parents
- delivering talks to groups of learners in schools about your organisation and job opportunities
- mentoring students doing projects
- providing work experience placements
- networking with students and teachers
- setting a project related to your sector
- doing mock interviews
- sponsoring an event
- and much more!
You will gain:
- access to young people to develop the skills and experience needed for your business
- evidence of your commitment to corporate and social responsibility
- increased communication and presentation skills
- improved local recruitment
- more motivated employees
- positive brand awareness
There are lots of opportunities to work with schools and community groups etc. One of our employability workers would be happy to discuss how you can get involved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You could also inspire young people into the world of work by encouraging your employees to become science, technology, engineering and maths – STEM – Ambassadors. Ultimately, they give their time to support activities with schools and help bring STEM subjects alive through their own first-hand experience. Find out more here or at STEM Learning.
Find out about our INspire programme.
More about our STEM Ambassadors.
The latest news from the team