In October 2019, six students from Stubbin Wood Special School, will be heading over to South Africa, along with three other mainstream schools from the Bolsover District. During the 10 day expedition they will be:
• Delivering essential First Aid training to students from two local community schools.
• Studying the declining Giraffe population with an ecologist.
• Observing and tracking the local wildlife.
It is an amazing opportunity for the students. Many have never left the local area, so for them the chance to travel all the way to South Africa is fantastic. The work undertaken will be physically hard and will require students to work in a team alongside mainstream pupils. This provides the chance to break down negative preconceived ideas that some people have against people with disabilities. The project empowers the students who are able to achieve something positive for others less fortunate.
DEBP are organising a Gatsby themed fundraising evening to support the school in reaching their fundraising target of £10,500. The ProAct Stadium in Chesterfield have kindly offered to host the event and have provided the venue free of charge.
We expect around 200 attendees at the event and we would like to offer you the chance to support us and raise the profile of your business in the local community. This could be done in a number of ways.
- By attending the function as an individual or company, tickets will be priced at £45 each with special offers for full table bookings.
- Making a donation of a prize for the raffle or auction.
- Sponsorship of the event.
Email email@example.com for more information.